Somewhere, Beyond the Sea, Somewhere
Chad and I recently took a vacation with my mom and sisters. We went on our first cruise, the Carnival Ecstasy. Originally we were going to Mexico for 5 days to Cozumel and Progresso. Due to the swine flu pandemonium, our cruise was changed to a 7 day to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. I felt sorry for the people dealing with the swine flu, but we couldn't h
elp but be excited.
So what did we do while cruising out in the middle of nowhere? Almost everything there is to do on a cruise ship. We played Bingo a couple of times (th
e first and the last game) and lost. My sisters and I did a hip hop class. You know me, I like some hip hop. Then mom and I did the ABBA dance class where we learned moves to "Dancing Queen." If you ask, I'll do the dance for you. LOL! We also enjoyed the nightly shows along with karaoke (no none of us sang). One of the most fun nights on the ship was the Lido deck party. There was music and dancing, not to mention a Mexican buffet, and it was such a nice night out at sea. There were also two nights of "Elegant Cruise Attire." This is when we put on semi-formal to formal wear. Which it was very nice to dress up since
we don't do that very often. One of the main things we did on the ship was lay out on the deck during the day. So relaxing just reading a book and listening to music. We would go take a dip in the tiny pool or slide down the water slide, then back to laying out. Of course we also ate ALOT of FOOD! OMG, I would eat, just to eat because it was there. I think I gained so much weight because of all the food I consumed. I also think I had my portion of seafood for the rest of the year.
Wh
en we arrived in Jamaica it was rush rush rush. We didn't have very long in that port, so our tour guide kept us moving. We docked in Montego Bay, then hopped on a bus that took us to Ocho Rios. Once there we climbed Dunn's River Falls (Chad & I did this 3 years ago). The video is pretty funny to watch. After that, we went to Mystic Mountain and did th
e Sky Explorer, which is basically a ski lift up the side of a mountain. The views were great. My sisters were scared to death though because we were up so high dangling in mid air
. Once we got to the top of Mystic Mountain we rode our own bobsled. That was a blast! You are actually in control of your own bobsled. You control how fast and how slow you go. Chad, my sisters, and I went really fast, but my mom apparently went very slow. The man at the end of the track told her she needed to speed up. I went so fast, my heart was racing afterwards. We then ate at the restaurant at the top of the mountain. We had jerk chicken, Jamaican specialty. The food was very good, and we enjoyed a beautiful view. Give you some warning though, Jamaicans drive fast and crazy. They honk their horns alot.


We absolutely loved Grand Cayman! The water is so blue and gorgeous. We had the best time swimming with the stingrays. Yes, we were scared at first. Once we got in the water though it was not that bad. We actually touched them several times, fed them, kissed them, and received a back rub from t
hem. The stingrays are so soft underneath and felt like sandp
aper on top. With our snorkel gear we could watch them swim under water. They were so graceful and beautiful. We loved the stingray excursion and would definitely do it again. After that, we went to a private beach and ate. We did very little swimming there due to lack of time, but got some pretty pictures. Once our excursion was over, we then went to a stretch of Sev
en Mile Beach called Royal Palms 
Beach. We could see our cruise ship from there, and the sand and water were so pretty. We just hung out there the rest of the day. We definitely will go back to Grand Cayman some day. Another word of warning, it is a little pricey. Example American $20 = Grand Cayman $16.

It was bitter sweet that our vacation had to end, but it can't last forever. So, you are wondering where was Jackson right? Well, he was taken very good care of by many people who love him. Thank you so much to Nana & Pawpaw Lee, Grandmama & Pawpaw George, Memaw, Uncle Brad, Aunt Kim, Abbey, Uncle Greg, Claudia, Isabel, Granddaddy Craig, Granddaddy John, Big Mama, and Poppy. We are so grateful to have such a wonderful family. We knew Jackson was in wonderful hands.

elp but be excited.So what did we do while cruising out in the middle of nowhere? Almost everything there is to do on a cruise ship. We played Bingo a couple of times (th
e first and the last game) and lost. My sisters and I did a hip hop class. You know me, I like some hip hop. Then mom and I did the ABBA dance class where we learned moves to "Dancing Queen." If you ask, I'll do the dance for you. LOL! We also enjoyed the nightly shows along with karaoke (no none of us sang). One of the most fun nights on the ship was the Lido deck party. There was music and dancing, not to mention a Mexican buffet, and it was such a nice night out at sea. There were also two nights of "Elegant Cruise Attire." This is when we put on semi-formal to formal wear. Which it was very nice to dress up since
we don't do that very often. One of the main things we did on the ship was lay out on the deck during the day. So relaxing just reading a book and listening to music. We would go take a dip in the tiny pool or slide down the water slide, then back to laying out. Of course we also ate ALOT of FOOD! OMG, I would eat, just to eat because it was there. I think I gained so much weight because of all the food I consumed. I also think I had my portion of seafood for the rest of the year.Wh
en we arrived in Jamaica it was rush rush rush. We didn't have very long in that port, so our tour guide kept us moving. We docked in Montego Bay, then hopped on a bus that took us to Ocho Rios. Once there we climbed Dunn's River Falls (Chad & I did this 3 years ago). The video is pretty funny to watch. After that, we went to Mystic Mountain and did th
e Sky Explorer, which is basically a ski lift up the side of a mountain. The views were great. My sisters were scared to death though because we were up so high dangling in mid air
. Once we got to the top of Mystic Mountain we rode our own bobsled. That was a blast! You are actually in control of your own bobsled. You control how fast and how slow you go. Chad, my sisters, and I went really fast, but my mom apparently went very slow. The man at the end of the track told her she needed to speed up. I went so fast, my heart was racing afterwards. We then ate at the restaurant at the top of the mountain. We had jerk chicken, Jamaican specialty. The food was very good, and we enjoyed a beautiful view. Give you some warning though, Jamaicans drive fast and crazy. They honk their horns alot.

We absolutely loved Grand Cayman! The water is so blue and gorgeous. We had the best time swimming with the stingrays. Yes, we were scared at first. Once we got in the water though it was not that bad. We actually touched them several times, fed them, kissed them, and received a back rub from t
hem. The stingrays are so soft underneath and felt like sandp
aper on top. With our snorkel gear we could watch them swim under water. They were so graceful and beautiful. We loved the stingray excursion and would definitely do it again. After that, we went to a private beach and ate. We did very little swimming there due to lack of time, but got some pretty pictures. Once our excursion was over, we then went to a stretch of Sev
en Mile Beach called Royal Palms 
Beach. We could see our cruise ship from there, and the sand and water were so pretty. We just hung out there the rest of the day. We definitely will go back to Grand Cayman some day. Another word of warning, it is a little pricey. Example American $20 = Grand Cayman $16.
It was bitter sweet that our vacation had to end, but it can't last forever. So, you are wondering where was Jackson right? Well, he was taken very good care of by many people who love him. Thank you so much to Nana & Pawpaw Lee, Grandmama & Pawpaw George, Memaw, Uncle Brad, Aunt Kim, Abbey, Uncle Greg, Claudia, Isabel, Granddaddy Craig, Granddaddy John, Big Mama, and Poppy. We are so grateful to have such a wonderful family. We knew Jackson was in wonderful hands.




1 comment:
all I got to say is poor poor chad.
:)
Angel
Post a Comment