Leelou Blogs

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Last few months

Okay, so you are wondering if I am ever going to update my blog again. Well here you go. I have been absent to blogging because we were having trouble downloading pictures from our camera. I don't understand why it would take so long to download 1500 pictures from my camera onto my computer. LOL!
We have been pretty busy over the last few months, this is just a brief recap of what we have been doing.
On August 2nd, my grandparents (George and Libby) celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. What a wonderful milestone in life! Not too many people can say they have been married for 5o years, but I am blessed with two sets of grandparents who have withstood good and bad times together. My mother and her brothers planned an elaborate party for these crazy kids that had a live band, skits, line dancing, and cake, not to mention over 200 guests. My mom made up a very cute poem about when my grandparents were dating. While she read the poem, Chad and I acted out the poem. That's right, Chad and I have broken through to acting (I don't think we are going to quit our day jobs just yet). Chad played my grandfather dressed in a white t-shirt, jeans, and cigarettes rolled up in the sleeve of his shirt. I don't know how I did this, but I was able to squeeze into my grandmother original wedding/graduation dress. Believe me, it was tight. They loved the play along with the line dance all the grandkids did for them. It was one heck of a party.
Chad celebrated his 28th birthday on August 14th. As you can tell from the pictures below, Jackson likes to help unwrap presents. We were able to get a babysitter and went out to celebrate with friends. It was a good night.
This past September Chad and I both attended our 10 year high school reunion. Chad seems to think his class had changed a little within the last 10 years, but I don't believe my class did at all. Hopefully the next 10 year reunion will be different.
I celebrated my 29th birthday on October 2nd. My mom came up for the day and we went to the Dallas Arboretum. It was a beautiful day. We took lots of pictures. That night we went out to eat with friends, then Chad surprised me with a weekend getaway. We have some friends who own a cabin in East Texas, who graciously let us have it all to ourselves for a couple of days. Chad's mom kept Jackson, which this was the longest we were away from him. We fished, hiked, cooked out on a campfire, played monopoly, and really enjoyed each other's company. It was a great time together.
Just to also let you know, I started working day shift about a month ago. It is so wonderful to be a normal person again. So far it hasn't been too crazy working days, but I know the time is coming.
It think that might be about it for now. I am going to post other blogs with Jackson's birthday and Halloween pictures. This is just a quit recap of the last 4 months.

Cabin Getaway






Amanda's 29th Birthday



Chad's 10 year High School Reunion


Chad's 28th Birthday



George and Libby's 50th Wedding Anniversary





1 comment:

ashley said...

Thanks for all the updates - it's fun to get all caught up! That weekend getaway looked WONDERFUL!!! Hope to see you soon!