

4th of JulyWe had a great 4th of July. On the 3rd we went to a Frisco Rough Riders (baseball) game with Jackson and some friends. The game itself was not good because the Rough Riders lost, but we had fun watching the festivities that would happen in between innings. They really try to get the crowd involved and is a very family friendly atmosphere. I discovered that Jackson is a people watcher because that is what entertained him the most. He could careless about the game. He was more interested in what was going on around him. We were hoping to see fireworks that night, but as it turns out they don't do fireworks every game. The greatest part is that Jackson did very well through the whole game.


On the 4th, we got up early (should I say Jackson woke us up early) and went to Vista Ridge Mall. As it turns out, the mall does a kid's 4th of July celebration. We decorated Jackson's stroller in red, white, and blue and paraded around the mall with other kids who also decorated their strollers, bikes, tricylces, you name it. So with that being said, Jackson was in his first parade. They also had activities for the kids after the parade, but Jackson is still a little too young to participate. Later that day we went swimming and Chad grilled hot dogs for lunch. I actually was suppose to work that night, but was put on-call, so we headed over to some friends house for a barbecue. Although, as we were about to go watch fireworks I was called into work. We did get to see some fireworks on our way back home before I went into work, and the Lewisville fireworks were still going on when we pulled up into the driveway. We can see the Lewisville fireworks display in our backyard, so Jackson was able to watch the last 5 minutes of the show (the best part). He would watch them and say oooooo and ohhhhh. It was too cute. By the end of the two days I think we did everything "American" I think you could do. We had a great 4th of July!




1 comment:
you guys are such nerds. Cute pics though.
Post a Comment