Leelou Blogs

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Valentine's Day

So as you can tell, for Valentine's Day Jackson received a big red ball. Balls are one of his favorite toys to play with (go figure, he is a boy). He really has enjoyed playing with his big red ball. I received tulips from my hubby and sweetheart roses from my special little man. How sweet.
I had the pleasure this year of arranging Chad and my Valentine's Day. To tell the truth we are not that much into celebrating this day. As Chad puts it, "This is just a Hallmark holiday." We believe that we don't need to be told as to a certain day each year we must do sweet things or buy sweet things for our significant other. It should just come natural. However, with that being said, it is nice to do something or receive something, probably because everyone else is enjoying the day. So, what did we do may you ask? I was lucky enough to have my mother to come up and keep Jackson for the afternoon, while Chad and I went out together. Of course, she did not mind at all to be with her little special Valentine. Chad had mentioned a few months back that he would like to see the King Tut exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art, so that is what I surprised him with that afternoon. It was a very interesting exhibit if you like that kind of thing. Alot of people had the same idea for the day because it was very crowded. If you want to see it, I would recommend seeing it during the middle of the week. It is cheaper and less crowded. Chad did guess that is what we were doing when we were driving there. Lucky guess. That evening we ate at Primo's Tex-Mex Restaurant (good fajitas) and got a dessert from Bread Winners (highly recommended). We weren't able to eat our dessert at Bread Winners though because of reservations that night, so we walked to the shops at the Village. We came upon a Starbucks and ate our dessert there. We then went home. It was a great day to spend together. Believe me, having a babysitter was wonderful. I hope everyone else enjoyed their Valentine's days.

No comments: