Leelou Blogs

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Visit from our Cousins


We were blessed this week by having a visit from our cousins. Suzy (my cousin I grew up with) and Ezra (her little boy) came for a visit this past week, which was so nice. Ezra is will be 2 at the end of April, so he and Jackson are only 4 months apart. I think they had alot of fun together. We mostly stayed in this area, but we kept them busy. We took them to Arbor Hills on Wednesday evening after we had dinner at Gloria's. It was such a nice evening to play with the boys at the park. On Thursday morning, we took the boys for a ride in Jackson's wagon to the nearby park. At that park there is a volleyball court with lots of sand. I thought Jackson would not get dirty, but I was wrong. Suzy said Ezra would be all into it, but this time around he was not. Just when we think we know our children, they do something unexpected. That afternoon, Suzy and I were lucky enough to go have lunch together because the boys napped at the same time. Thank goodness Chad works from home. We really enjoyed being able to sit down and talk. That afternoon we just played out in the backyard. My mom had gotten Jackson a sandbox for his birthday, so we finally put sand in it. The kids loved the sandbox and just being outside. We grilled that night and ate dinner out on the patio because the weather was so pleasant. Suzy and Ezra left the next day very early in the morning. Even though it was a short visit, we had a great time together. Both of the kids were exhausted (so were the parents). Thank you Suzy for coming to see us. We are so glad you did.








No comments: