Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

GOD is GREAT!

GOD is GREAT! Can I get an AMEN? Since my last blog update we have had alot going on in our busy little lives. First of all, you are probably wondering if our house sold. YES! As of April 15th our home we have lived in the last 6 years now belongs to someone else. It was bitter sweet to sale our first home together. We put alot of work into it and just when we got it to the way we wanted it, we sold it. Go figure. That just means we move onto bigger and better things, like our new home. With that being said we are proud new home owners of a great house in Frisco. We closed on the new house on April 19th and moved in on April 30th. I love having more space (even though there is more to clean) and a great neighborhood, not to mention I have my own special room (craft room that is filled with junk as of now). This all happened so fast! Glory be to God for He is Good. I prayed like crazy before, during, and now while all the house stuff was going on. When our house was in contract, we really didn't have a place to go. We found our new home within one week of looking. It was all a little scary, but I had to keep reminding myself that God is in control.

So people keep asking me after 6 weeks of living here if I have enjoyed the house. All I can say is if I get to actually stay here I am enjoying it. Since the weekend we moved in, I have either been out of town or working, not to mention we have had alot of construction going on at the new home. We decided to lay hardwood floors in the bottom floor, put doors on the formal living to make it an office, install a new fan in the office and chandeliers in the kitchen. There was and still is dust everywhere. If there is truly one thing I hate cleaning it is the blinds (although there are a number of other things too). As of right now, everything is done and looks great. Now we can start decorating and getting things to the way we want it.

A couple of other things that have happened over the last few weeks is Easter and we dedicated Jackson at church. The child dedication at church was one week before Easter, so we decided to have the Easter celebration alittle early since everyone was in town. Jackson did well up in front of the whole church, but he was shy. It was more for us than him anyway. Even though we know God knows we are raising Jackson in a christian home, this was a our way of saying publicly we dedicate our lives to raise our child to be Christ-like. We promise God that we will do everything in our power to lead and guide Jackson with His help to Godly ways. I pray to God that I am a Godly example to my son and that he sees Christ living in me. I pray that he too will fully understand the great amount of love God has for His children. I also thank God for giving Chad and me the blessing of raising Jackson. It is truly a blessing that we were chosen to be his earthly parents, for we know that he truly is God's son. "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" 1 John 3:1 Thank you to our family for making the trip to be a part of this special occassion. You all mean so much to us, and we are blessed beyond all measure.
Easter also went well. Jackson loved hunting the eggs, but didn't like the Easter bunny so much. When we went to a neighborhood egg hunt, Jackson couldn't care less about hunting the eggs. He made sure that bunny was where he could see him and not too close either. He did like all the chocolate though and what the Easter Bunny brought him.

Below are pictures of our visit to the Dallas Arboretum with my friend Shelley and her kids (Carter and Peyton). They had a blast together and took some really cute pictures. There are also pictures of Easter and a picture of Chad and Jackson "working hard" on their computers. Jackson pulled up a chair next to Chad and grabbed his computer. He really wanted to be just like Daddy. I will put up pictures of the new house later.


                                                               Day at the Dallas Arboretum



Pictures of Jackson, Carter, and Peyton at the Arboretum


Egg Hunt at our HOA


Easter Basket


Jackson's Dedication and Family Easter Celebration

Jackson and Chad working hard on their computers.


No comments: