My baby boy celebrated his 3rd birthday on August 20th. I can't believe he is 3 years old! Jackson is a "big boy" (as he would say) for a 3 year old, and he has the attitude to go with it. It is amazing to see him grow up. I love it when he asks, "Mommy, you want to play with me?," or when I say 'I love you' he replies back, "I love you more!" or more simpler terms "More!" Yes, it is amazing to see the world through his eyes. He has such a sweet heart, but with a strong-willed, independent demeanor. I hear that will benefit him in the future. :)
So what did my 3 year old do for his birthday? Well, first we had a party for him at his school with all his classmates the day before his birthday. We brought popsicles, and the kids loved them. On his birthday he went to see his first movie at the theaters. We saw Toy Story 3, and boy has he been a fan ever since. He didn't know what to think of the theater itself. When the lights went down to start the movie he stated, "I want to get out of this cave." But he did sit very still for the whole movie. Afterwards, we then went to Gatti Town and played games and such. That night family had come into town and we celebrated his birthday with a cake I made him. Chad and I then gave Jackson a big playset. Chad worked so hard trying to get it together for his birthday. He is such a wonderful daddy who loves his son very much. He even gave up his own birthday to dismantle the playset and get it to our house. It was an all day and all week affair putting it together. We tried to keep it from Jackson by keeping the blinds closed, but that little stinker ended up peeking. We would catch him looking through the blinds, then he would say he wanted to go to the park in the backyard. So we didn't get the excitement we really wanted when we gave it to him, but he sure does love it. The day after his birthday we had family and friends over for a Lightening McQueen (Cars) themed birthday party. I believe we had about 46 people at our house. Everything went great, too. Jackson loved celebrating his birthday because of all the attention he received.
As I mentioned up above, Chad also celebrated a birthday one week before Jackson's. He turned the big 3-0! After spending all day working on the swing set, we did get to go out that night to celebrate. We went to a sushi bar follow by a wine bar with a few friends to celebrate. It was a very nice and fun evening. While family was in town we took them to the infamous Babe's Chicken House, where they sang 'Happy Birthday' to the boys. All and all I believe they both had a pretty good birthday.
Happy Birthday to my Boys!
I Love You you both so much!
| Jackson's Class Party |
| Gigi and Jackson |
| Great Grandparents |
| Nana, Pawpaw, & Jackson |
| Jackson Family |
| Aunt Candace, Jackson, & Aunt Casey |

No comments:
Post a Comment