Saturday, March 17, 2012
Where we are today...
So I haven't blogged in a LONG time! I thought it is time to start doing it again in order to fill in family and friends on what has and is going on in our lives. Where to start?! Our life has had it's ups and downs for the past couple of years. I think I will make this blog a short version on what has been going on and feel you in with other blogs later on more details. Three years ago Chad and I decided we would like to expand our family. We thought it was well time that Jackson had a sibling to share life with and to grow up with. It never crossed my mind that I would be sitting here today writing my blog and not having another child in our lives yet. Man, has it been a roller coaster of emotions these last 3 years! We started doing infertility treatments after trying for a year. I took Clomid a few times, and we did IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) twice. After those things were unsuccessful, I had a laproscopy and hysteroscopy to see if there was anything wrong with me because we already knew Chad had checked out okay. We found out (to everyone's knowledge) there was/is absolutely nothing wrong with either of us. Our infertility specialist suggested doing more drastic measures to get pregnant, but in our heart of hearts we did not feel that is what God had in store for us. We felt as though we were controlling things too much and not relying on God's ultimate timing. Once we stopped all the infertility treatments, we had no clue where to go from there or how to respond to "waiting" on God's timing. Time sure has a way of getting away from you when you are just waiting, and it can seem like it can go on forever when you feel as though you are low in the valley. My heart aches to have another child, and it did frustrate me to no end whether or not God would bless us again with something my heart yearned for so deeply. But again, I had to wait not knowing the ultimate outcome and just pray for the desires of my heart. So where are we today? Well, Chad and I both strongly feel God has called us to ADOPT! We have always talked about adopting after we had a couple of kids of our own, but that was our plan. God slowly started to place in both of our hearts that just because that was our plan, that is not His plan. We truly feel he wants us to adopt now. Why wait? There is a child out there, somewhere, that needs love! So it still took a few months before we both felt passionately about adopting now, but we knew it was all in His timing. On October 16th we were on the same page about adopting and started looking at agencies (domestic vs. international). We decided to do a domestic adoption through Covenant Kids at this time. We have completed all our paperwork and recently went through 30 something hours of training. We are now waiting for the agency to set up our home study, which could be any day now. Once we have gone through the home study and get the stamp of approval, we will be certified foster parents and can adopt. We do not plan on fostering though. At this time, I know God has called me to adopt. I just don't feel He has called me to foster at this time. So we will be doing matched adoption or low legal risk adoption. I will get into the specifics of those in another blog to come. We may not still be blessed with another one in our family for a while though. Just depends on God's timing in everything! This time has made me appreciate what I do have though...I have the most beautiful, fun, loving, and energetic little boy in my life now. I thank God daily for Jackson because I can't even imagine life without him. I pray for him to have a sibling, but I know I must trust in God. He knows ultimately what is best for our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So incredibly excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to see how our awesome God will work through and in your precious family's life! :)
I'm really excited for you guys. You are great parents and friends. I will be praying for you.
Very exciting! Can't wait to follow the journey!
I'm so very happy for you and excited to be a part as I pray with and for you!!
Post a Comment