Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting

Have you ever had to wait on something? I mean really wait? Not the kind of waiting in the drive through at Chickfila, waiting on a package in the mail, or even waiting the many years to finish school finally, but really wait? Better yet have you ever waited on God? Waited on His timing, His direction, a clear sign this is from Him? That is exactly where I am in my life right now. I am just waiting. There are so many things right now that I feel like I am waiting on and not much seems to be going on about them either. In our society we just expect things to be handed to us instantaneously. We don't know what it truly means to wait. I have truly almost gone to the point of insanity myself because I wanted an answer so badly. So what does it mean to wait? The dictionary definition of wait means to remain inactive, to be available or in readiness, to look forward to eagerly, etc. So what does it mean to wait for the Lord? Waiting on the Lord means you trust in His goodness and timing. By waiting you are faithful and commit yourself to Him. You keep trusting Him even if things aren't going exactly like you want them to go. Sometimes He reveals things to you pretty quickly, but other times you can wait for months or even years. Sometimes you may never get the answer to what you are waiting on, but there is always a purpose to your waiting. So do you think God just asks you to wait and not do anything at all? No! I believe God uses this opportunity to draw you closer to Him. To seek Him in His word and continue to do the things He has gifted you to do. I think if you are just sitting there not doing anything, the waiting can be more antagonizing. So I encourage you all who are idly sitting by and waiting, that you Move! What do I mean by move? Serve, pray, worship Him! Waiting is a virtue, but to seek and serve God while you are waiting to hear from him is an even greater virtue!

  "I am sill confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalms 27:13-14

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope." Psalms 130:5

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" Isaiah 30:18

"God has something better for me...I just have to wait."

"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on the object we are waiting for." Charles Stanley

Below is a link to the song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7orBfhEmk&feature=em-share_video_user

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One more thing, if you know someone who is in a waiting period in their life, ask how best you can help them with the process. Sometimes the waiting period can be isolating and that person may just need some encouragement. Let God use you to help that person make the waiting period easier and let them know that they are not alone in this. God gives us friendships and companions for a reason.